Thursday, October 1, 2009

inspiration from other blogs






I guess you can say I drive for a living, so I am always stuck in LA Traffic or some sort of traffic jam, so until the roads are moving I lurk through all your blogs via my phone--Don't worry I don't text or call anybody (Calif Law) but I just skim through.

Obviously because I'm driving I cannot comment but I do look at fashion blogs all the time. I saw this polyvore from Fab Finds Under $50 Kimberly was giving advise on how to mix and match your wardrobe and when I saw this photo, I thought "hmmm I have a blue dress, I have a yellow sweater, I have a scarf..." so today I decided to put it in action.

Truth be told, this would be a good outfit for a luncheon or a baby/bridal shower but not really for work. I didn't feel this was work appropriate in my industry, so I will probably not wear this again (well, unless there is a brunch or something) but not for work.

Suede Flats-Sundance
cotton dress-Isaac Mizrahi for Target (remix)
cashmere sweater-Old Navy (remix)
scarf-Hermes
earrings-green jade

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the well wishes to my family. I hope we have a sick free season:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer that it didn't feel right for the day-- I still love this outfit on you! Those colors are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, nice combo. I can see why you might feel it's quite a 'soft' look for work; maybe save it for spring time??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scarf! I've tried the scarf around the waist only a few times. Because it makes me feel like I've added inches to my waist visually. Though wide belts make me look skinnier. I think it's the visual pattern that makes me feel that way and it's all psychological.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scarf is beautiful and you look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very chic outfit. I love the skirt and the colours especially.

    So funny how you use your time in traffic. Traffic drives me crazy. It's not so bad here in New Zealand. I don't think I'd be able to stand it in America!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew that scarf was beautiful! Love Hermes xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. Would appreciate if you thought this outfit was a hit or miss :)