Thursday, October 8, 2009

I owe you $1.59





I saw this color combo at a store window, I really enjoyed the yellow/pink combo and I wanted to try it.

I went to pick up my dry cleaning today and the lady said she over charged me $1.59. I of course asked her why she thought she over charged me. She said because I only gave her 9 items instead of 10..huh???? Lucky for me I know every single item that I own and before I go into the dry cleaners, I count my items and I was confident I gave her 10 items, she was telling me how she always makes these kinds of mistakes and that she was very sorry, but that I truly only gave her 9 items.

I went through the clothes and said "Where is my printed flower blouse?" she looked at the receipt, she had in her hand and guess what was written on the receipt, a flower silk printed blouse. So I asked her again, where is my blouse? She called the manager and he asked if I can come back tomorrow....ummm---NO..I wasn't wasting my gas to come back, I want my shirt now.

He didn't believe me that I had a shirt here but that it was a data entry error, so I told him...do you want to see a picture of it? I can tell you the brand, where I got it and at what price in 5 min. (Did I mention I keep a log of my items) Never mind the fact that I was able to pull up my blog instantly via blackberry and show him the blouse in question. 20 min later I was driving back home with all 10 items :)

What really annoyed me was the fact that they tried to cover it up by saying I only gave them 9 items....never mind the fact that the refund should have been for $3.09 (1.59-for dry cleaning, .50 because it was silk and 1.00-for make-up stain removal) plus the cost of the shirt.

Moral of the story, don't mess with a women who has a fashion blog!
Sorry for the rant, I'm just extremely happy I got my blouse back :)

tank--Escada sport via Escada boutique *remix*
jacket--Apt. 9 via Kohl's *remix*
pants--Tahari via gift from a friend (part of a suit)
shoes--Lela Rose for payless
jewelry--Tiffany

10 comments:

  1. You were just sticking up for what was right. I would be upset if they lost my item too.

    Love the fabric texture on your jacket. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for sticking up for yourself...the audacity of some people, I swear. Anyhoo, love this look...the yellow and fushia together is so fresh and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, they were trying it on, especially seeing as it was written on your receipt!
    I trust you won't be going back there....?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, thank you for checking out my blog! I love the magenta, yellow, and gray combo-fun and chic at the same time! I had a similar experience with a dry cleaner about a year ago (before I had my blog as evidence), except I didn't get my shirt back! I didn't know that some of the dry cleaning they do is off-site (which always make me wary), and they claimed that it was lost never to be found. It was a Banana Republic long sleeve top with a pretty scoop neck and it had a a shrug effect (looked like I was wearing a shrug, but it was all one piece) Gosh I miss that top! The sleeves were a perfect length. OK. I'm sorry. I feel like I've done enough mourning in your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well good for you you stood your ground. Hey when it come to clothes LOOK OUT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they should knw who they're dealing with, how rude!

    I'm lovin this outfit btw, the colour combination is fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed with your organization! I would have been in trouble. Ah ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fightem! I would have forgotten about it unless it was a fave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! Thank goodness you got it back!

    Love the look btw :) great colors and the shoes are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i adore this pink and yellow color combo! i'm gonna steal it for sure. glad you got your shirt back! i'd have opened up a can of whoop ass on them! okay probably not. a girl can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. Would appreciate if you thought this outfit was a hit or miss :)