Sunday, October 11, 2009

back in time


I've had these boots since 1992, my mom bought them for me when I graduated High School. We were VERY poor, so when she surprised me with these $200 boots from Nine West that I had been wanting for a while, when I was stalking Macy's shoe dept. I was shocked!

My mom knew I wanted them and it was something I thought it was never going to happen.
Knowing my parents financial woes at the time I immediately wanted to take them back but my mom wouldn't let me. My parents wanted to give me something really nice for my big day and I have been taking care of them ever since. I love these boots and I will ALWAYS have them in my collection, plus this had been the most expensive gift my parents ever gave me.

Shoes-Nine West via Macy's
shirt-Merona via Target (remix)
sweater vest-Grace by Dane Lewis via Macy's
jacket-For Joseph via gift from a friend (remix)
jeans-Facconable via Nordstrom (remix)

2 comments:

  1. Such a nice story! Mum's are nice like that, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those boots! Even better that they come with such a great story :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. Would appreciate if you thought this outfit was a hit or miss :)