Friday, May 1, 2009

Sushi night!



The wonderful world of face book has brought my husband and his long lost friend back together again. He is driving 6 hours to visit us this weekend and my husband is beyond excited. We do not know what time exactly he is coming today, but dinner plans have been made for Sushi.
Since I had to go to the office today I needed to wear something that can be accommodating for night time. So this is what I am wearing.

Funny thing, I read an article in a magazine not to long ago where they were interviewing some stylist and designer (both women looked over 40) and they said "If your old enough to have a real job, your old enough not to wear jeans when you go out) I have to disagree with that statement. I've had a 'real' job since I was 18 and I think Denim/jeans is a really good way to transition from day to night. What do you think?

Jeans-Gap (remix)
tank-old navy (remix)
jacket-Mossimo
Shoes-nickles soft (via DSW)

4 comments:

  1. I must confess: I would have worn jeans to Prom if it would have been socially acceptable! I have loved in recent years that it's been acceptable to "dress them up" with heels or a silky top. I say go for it! Let the other people be uncomfortable! Jeans rock! :) and you look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally disagree. Age, shmage. Nothing looks hotter than a pair of well fitting jeans on a woman. I love yours, and that jacket is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Loving that outfit and I want that jacket :) On the jeans note I disagree. Long as the person is comfortable and their look suits the event who cares if its jeans. To me jeans and skirts are the same since I can transition anyone of them with ease from day to night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LIVE in jeans..... Love those booties!

    CLOTHEDMUCH.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. Would appreciate if you thought this outfit was a hit or miss :)