Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fasion for Nerds Contest (see side bar for link)





Today I entered Audi's contest. I am always a last minute person, not sure why but as much as I try to change it doesn't happen. Today is the boldest I've been and I have to thank Audi because I would have never put this outfit together if it wasn't for her contest. I'm to afraid of color (as you can see by my post yesterday) I like feeling safe and this is very 'out there' for me, but I do love it and I have embraced it and I am going to walk around today proud.

I know all my photo's look like I'm sitting on the loo but its really the only full length mirror I own and it happens to be in the bathroom (sorry)-- If you go to Audi's page "Fashion for Nerds" you'll see the inspiration is a very modern look, but I took it in a preppy direction. Hope you like it and wish me luck!

earrings--orange/amber (gift from hubby at Big Bear Mountain) *remix*
green shirt- Ann Taylor
white skirt-Banana Republic
pink sweater- Banana Republic
red belt-Merona
silver shoes-Fioni *remix*
silver necklace-sterling silver (gift when I was 15yrs old) *remix*

11 comments:

  1. It doesn't look like the pics posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah there they are! You look so springy and fresh. I think it's a lovely interpretation for her contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh--i like that outfit! good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! The colors are actually quite soft and springy. Thanks for entering the contest, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SO copying this color combo! It's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this! You are so daring to wear all that white. I'd be afraid I'd spill on it. You look so crisp and fresh. (Not like a spiller at all!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't be afraid of color, it looks great on you! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit looks great!! I think you did a great job with your contest outfit, and I love the shoes!!

    Thanks for the kind and uplifting words on my blog, its always nice to hear from other bloggers out there!

    http://erandomthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really pretty. Thank you for stopping by my blog, I have added you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the contrast of the green top with the red belt!

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. Would appreciate if you thought this outfit was a hit or miss :)