Saturday, April 11, 2009

day dresses not for me





There are certain things that don't look good on me, like Maxi Dresses for example. Another item that is not in my wardrobe is sundresses and/or day dresses. I have a ton of evening dresses (after 5pm) but day dresses, I think I only own 3 which includes this one--even though some argue it will work for evening. Maybe I haven't found the right one, either way most dresses make me look like a box and I wish I knew how to fix this.

I was going to clean my 'closet' so I may take more photos and remembered tomorrow is Easter and I still haven't purchased the baskets I was going to give my nieces and nephews. So off I went shopping and I wanted something simple and pulled this dress. I figured I can make it look more casual with some flip flops, but later in the day it got cold so I took a jacket and scarf with me. I think if I switched my flip flops to heels, I would have been ready for an evening out, but as I mentioned I really do not own day dresses and this is the closet thing I can come up with.

I ended up making the baskets myself and that took all day, so it will have to be till next time to get closet shots.

Hope you all have a great holiday!

polka dot dress-Max Studio
Flip flops-Bebe
Jacket-Faconnable
Scarf-Hermes
Pearl Earrings--Dean Harris for Target

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great Easter! I have a simliar polka dot dress and the cut doesn't flatter me at all, yet it's still in my closet. Gotta get rid of it. Anyhoo I'm sure you'll come across one thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your day dress.!! Well, I too like to wear maxi dresses. Last week got a beautiful one from Target.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. Would appreciate if you thought this outfit was a hit or miss :)