Thursday, April 9, 2009

jacket lining inspiration





I'm trying really hard not to remix clothes I have already worn/posted. As of today I believe I have only remixed a pair of shoes and a necklace. Around the end of January or beg. of February I read a fashion blog (sorry I can't remember it) where she was trying to shop her closet for 2009 and whatever was not worn she was going to donate it or sell it. I really thought it was a great idea. So I'm trying to wear everything I can before the year ends because I really need to purge my closet. Besides, it would be a good indicator to know if I really need the item or not.

In August of 08' I converted a whole bedroom into a closet. I'm not an organized person but I'm trying to make it look like a boutique. Today's inspiration came from the velvet jacket that I'm wearing. It has a small flower lining with blue/pink/purple in it and thought it was a great combo, so I went for it.

Navy Shoes-Chadwicks
Navy Skirt-Ann Taylor
Cami & Printed purple blouse-Banana Republic
Pink Jacket-Style&CO
Necklace/Earrings-Sterling Silver

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the shoes! A good navy shoe is so hard to find and you found a fantastic pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a similar thing in my house. I converted a sunporch into my closet. I would love to see pics of your bedroom/closet. Any chance you would consider posting some?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great! love the pink jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tina, I would love to see your closet too! I used to do the same thing with my closet until Will invaded and conquered some territory...

    Love this outfit too. The shoes really rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the jacket and the idea of shopping your closet! I wish I could convert a room into a closet, but I already take up 90% of our bedroom so for now I'm content.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. Would appreciate if you thought this outfit was a hit or miss :)