Thursday, April 16, 2009

Orange you glad to see the blue sky



k
I had a big huge scare today. A gunman shot a few people and killed himself at my husband's work today. Its seems he got laid off and came back one last time to kill people because he was so stressed out about losing his job. Talking from experience-- losing your job is devastating, so I understand the desperation but to shoot people just gives me the ibby jibbies. My hubby is safe (Thank goodness) but I was sad all day about the other people that were not. :-(

A year ago I took my mom mother's day shopping at her local mall. During our visit, the small kitten heel on the sandal I was wearing broke. I gave my mother $40 to go to the nearest shoe store and buy me a pair of shoes, while I waited near by at a bench. She went into Bakers and came out with these orange extremely high heels. I have no idea what they cost (more or less) since she didn't give me any change back and was surprised she got me such a 'fancy' shoe when I was wearing something very casual with sandals that had a small heel.

I asked her why she picked those and she said "they reminded me of you" so I put them on and we continued with our day. My mom got me my first pair of orange shoes :-)
Also, I wanted to do a dress over a vest again, but none of the vest I owned worked well with this dress, so I put a blazer on instead.

Dress-Merona
Blazer-Calvin Klein
Shoes-Bakers
necklace-can't remember what kind of stone but I call it my Wilma Flinstone necklace
lace cami (unseen)-ICE

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're husband is safe. I worry about that with my own husband working in a public school.

    Love the orange shoes--they do fit you very nicely. :) Are they comfortable?

    I'm fairly new to fashion blogging, and have enjoyed reading your blog the past couple days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief! That's horrible! So glad your husband is safe. I can't help but feel bad for the shooter too, though - he must have felt so desperate. These are bad times.

    On a completely different note, I adore those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that! Glad your husband i okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your husband is safe!

    Your mom picked out some cute shoes! I also love the dress, but I must admit I think the jacket is a little long for it. I hope you find a vest b/c I think your original idea sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh Tina, I thought the same thing, I am so tempted to have the jacket shorten. I just wasn't sure and you just confirmed it.

    Thanks all for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So scary!! Glad to hear your husband is safe as well!

    I love those shoes! And the blazer goes well with the dress! Your always rocking your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lydia, your so sweet :-)

    yes the shoes are comfortable, but I do feel they are more a night time shoe then day because of the super high heel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes, I can't imagine how scary that would've been....! What a horrible experience for those people...

    On a lighter side, you look fantastic. I'm completely in love with those shoes and am about to steal them right off your feet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. Would appreciate if you thought this outfit was a hit or miss :)