Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Size doesn't matter




I was trying to clean out my closet this past weekend and came across a bunch of clothes that were big (and tight) on me. I use to be a lot bigger and thinner (depending on the year) but I kept some of the items that I truly loved, even though they didn't fit me.

So on Saturday I took all my big clothes to the tailor and had them tapered/custom fit me. I pick those up next Saturday and I am truly excited. I use to care about the number on the label, now all I care about is how they fit.

Now for my thinner clothes-I bit the bullet and put them all in a bag and plan to give them to the thrift store. It was really taking a lot of space in my closet and the truth is, as much as I loved that dress, shirt or jacket, there is no way I'm going to fit into them any time soon.
I'm happy with my size and I've learned how to dress it.

Oh and during my cleaning spree, I found the remote for the camera, but I need to put a battery in it, so hopefully soon I won't be standing in front of the mirror anymore :-)


Shoes-Coach
Cream Skirt-Calvin Klein
silk ruffle tank-Old Navy
green tweed jacket-Ann Taylor Loft

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very productive day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea getting them tailored. I'm lucky in that my mum is a seamstress so she was able to alter my favourite clothes after I lost weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful when we find things we forgot we had? I have a few things that need to be hemmed. I should just get it done, such a procrastinator....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. Would appreciate if you thought this outfit was a hit or miss :)