Monday, September 14, 2009

My Mom





As I get older every day, I look in the mirror each morning and see my mom in me. I've never seen it before and obviously you guys don't know her or what she looks like, but she is blond with fair skin.

I have always seen the olive skin and dark hair that stares back at me every day for many years from my father side but I have never been able to see my mother's features in me until recently and it sort of caught me by surprise.

I have her body type, features, attitude and personality and for some reason it made me wonder what my own kids would look like. Not sure why I'm writing about this, but checking myself out in the mirror has open my eyes to much more than what I'm wearing.

Skirt-Eric Stewart (remix)
Shoes-Nine West
blouse-Banana Republic
tank-Loomstate for Target
necklace-Rose Quartz
Ring & Earrings-Tiffany

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I have never really looked like my mom since I am fair skinned, blonde, and 5'8" and she has dark hair, dark skin, and is 5'2." But I have begun to see her in myself lately, and my friends have always said we have the same eyes and smile. I an only hope to look as good as her when I'm her age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haa, I have heard all my life how much I look like my mum. I could see some resemblances, but not that many. Now I'm older I often shock myself by looking in the mirror and seeing my mother! Even my sister who was always told she looks like my father is suddenly starting to look like Mum!! hee hee

    PS.. I love your pink shoes, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute flats!

    i've always looked like my dad....but as i get older i see alot of my mom in me

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so cute and comfy!!!

    And how sweet! I hope it's a GOOD thing that you remember your mom when you see yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. those shoes are so cute! i love the color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, I know what you mean. I don't think I look a whole lot like my Mom, but we do share a lot of personality bits and pieces. I'm trying to learn from what stresses her out and the times when she used to get overwhelmed as family-manager, and hopefully I'm managing to catch myself falling into similar traps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. Would appreciate if you thought this outfit was a hit or miss :)