Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Full Price





I buy a lot of my clothes at discount, but there are times when I buy full price (on purpose) like this black lace top from White House/Black Market, I've been wanting a lace top since forever and when I saw this advertised, I didn't hesitate. Other times I buy a full price because of necessity or urgency.

The dress that I'm wearing today, I purchased full price 6 years ago. 90% of my clothes are work wear so I really didn't have anything in my closet for Hawaii and felt I needed a dress in case we went out--Banana Republic is one of my go to stores (fit and my kind of style) I went straight to the store purchased this dress, and packed it away for my trip.

One of the reason I never worn it again, is because I was a lot bigger 6 years ago.. so I sort of stretched it out, originally this dress hit me at the knee and fully covered my upper half. Since I paid full price, giving it away to a local thrift store broke my heart, so I've had it in my closet all this time even though it didn't fit like it once did.

I added a Cami, put a waist coat on and now you can't tell I stretched it out many years ago. I'm so proud of me! I was able to save this dress :)

Shoes-ZigiSoho
dress-Banana Republic
vest-Old Navy
cami-My Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Once in a great while it is nice to say "I'm worth it!" (I know that was a hair commercial....but you know what I mean ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to pull the dress back to shape! It looks fabulous under the vest!

    And there are (very few) times I pay full price. Most of the time, I (quickly) ask myself "Will I ever find another _____ like this anywhere else?!" If the answer is "no" I take the plunge--again I do it quickly so as to not talk myself out of it.

    I also saw the White House/Black Market top---it's beatiful! You MUST show us when you wear it! Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for visiting my blog today:)

    About those heels..... I bought them durring the summer and they were the only pair. I'm thinking they were a return from an on-line clearance purchase but I'm not sure. I hope you are able to find yourself a pair. I think they are a fun color to wear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. Would appreciate if you thought this outfit was a hit or miss :)